So I've been on Pinterest for quite a while now and keep on pinning all these fabulous sewing projects and haven't really made too many things yet.
I've also been to fabricland recently while there was a sale, and bought some new fabrics, so I'm set for a little while now... or so my dear husband likes to think...
I decided I wanted a new wallet/clutch. It seems like whenever I am out with the kids, I never take along a purse but just shove my overstuffed wallet into the diaper bag and away we go. So I wanted something where I could throw a few key items in and go. So here's my new clutch!
Check out the link to make it here.
I think it turned out pretty cute. It has a divider in the middle and 2 credit card slots. Perfect to throw in the diaper bag with just enough stuff for the day or whatever!
I think my camera really doesn't pick up how cute it really is... seriously, I love it. Also, my favorite color is green, so it's a win win :)
This tutorial uses zipper end tabs to make it turn out more squarish.
I had my doubts that my sewing skill could do this, but it actually worked out perfectly. I love that it doesn't have this pinched, unfinished look of my previous changepurse I made (which I don't even want to show on here... it's just not that great at all... I sewed a little crooked too...
when will I ever sew a straight line????
Also, did I mention that it took me FOREVER to pick out fabric for this?
and in the end I used mostly fabric I already had on hand because I didn't think what I picked worked well enough?? I NEED to learn to make decisions more quickly!)
My next project is a bigger one. I plan on recovering our Ikea Poang chair. (using this tutorial - if you have another tutorial or advice, I'd love to have it!!)
Right now it's white.... and with kids and over time that white has turned yellowish in spots..
So I bought some fabric (at buy 1 get 2 free) for only $14 and I'm hoping it will look awesome.
It's my first project where people people will notice if I do a bad job.
Plus I'm not a fantastic sewer yet. I can't think ahead and see if what I'm doing will turn out properly yet... or if adding a zipper or velcro will work in a certain spot.
trial and error is my plan.
Not a bad thing since I only spent $14!!